Some Important Things NYSC Batch A Stream 2 Must Know Before Going to Camp
Hi everyone, hope you’re all well. We are going to tell you all some things that would be helpful to you before camp, during camp, and after camp. We can’t say everything today but we’ll definitely tell you every one of them before you go to camp.
1) It is not compulsory to get to camp on the first day but it is strongly advisable in order to get good bed space and quick registration.
2) You do not have to go camping on the day camp commences. You could go on the 2nd day, maybe 3rd.. but it’s advisable you go on the first day so you could get a good bed space, and do your registration quickly.
3) When you’re in camp you are expected to wear your white on white, but you could delay wearing it for the first 3 days by saying camp has given them yet. (Please note that they do not give the correct sizes of wears in camp. That’s why it’s advised to buy and take to camp)
4) When you’re in camp you’ll have to participate in something called SAED (skills acquisition and entrepreneurship development programs) but you can find your way around not participating.. some of the programs are tailoring, shoemaking, bag making, beads making, forex, etc… We implore you guys to participate and continue after camp. After your service year what you learned well could be a source of livelihood before you get jobs or before you further your studies.
5) Many companies sponsor programs in camps. They sponsor events such as Miss NYSC, Mr. Macho, miss big black and beautiful, best dancer, best cook, etc.. Winners and first four runner ups usually get cash prizes and gifts… Do not be shy to participate when you’re in camp. Many of you all in the same camp won’t see each other again. There’s a little trick platoon inspectors usually use, when you win something tangible they will seriously tell you to bring it that it’s for the platoon. “Don’t fall for it”
6) After like one week in camp the sleeping late, early waking by 4.30 would start to get frustrating and take its toll on you. The trumpet sound they blow for everything would start to get annoying… You can avoid participating in camp programs and activities while in camp if you have a doctor’s note from one of the corper doctors or pharmacists in the camp clinic. Make anyone of them in your room your friend so that they can give you a letter of exemption.
You can join OBS (Online broadcasting Service) in camp.. they are the radio station of camps. if you are a member of their group, you’ll most likely be posted to work in the capital of the state you are in, and also be exempted from camp stress
7) You’ll be asked to join a CDS (community development service) group in and after camp.. after camp you’ll have to go for your CDS meetings every week. After the first 2 months, you’ll likely get tired of going to the local government for CDS every week… There’s a little trick though, if you’re in “special CDS” groups like “EFCC”, “SDG”, “evaluation”, you go for meetings just once a month. Also, you can go for clearance any day you want unlike those In normal CDS groups that are given specific days to go for clearance… Clearance is when you take a letter to the local government closest to your work which states you have attended work throughout the month. It’s usually done from the first Monday till the first Friday of the month.
Please kindly like and share this for others to see.