Six Tamil films that we tolerated simplest for AR Rahman’s music
On Rahman’s 54th birthday, we check the song that becomes the best blazing spot in any other case unbearable films.
The Mozart of Madras, AR Rahman, turns 54 on Wednesday, and the excellent manner to mark the event might be to have a good time with his stellar contribution to the track industry. And even as the magic woven via his tune is well-known the world over, we determined to add a twist to the list we assemble this yr.
Rahman, through the years, has added innumerable chartbusters, raising movie experience from simply accurate to exquisite. But here is a list of films that likely could not be watched even once, if not for the maestro’s tune taking it beyond the end line.
1. Sakkarakatti: The 2008 film starring debutant Shanthanu Bhagyaraj and more than one girl leads hardly ever left a mark with its slight idea out plot and underwhelming performances. The song from the film, but, was quick to trap on and songs such as — ‘Taxi Taxi’, ‘Chinnamma’ and ‘Marudaani’ — featured on chartbuster lists on radio indicates and tune channels inside the nation for months before the discharge and even after the film dwindled from our minds.
2. New: The plot is smack inside the center of weird and is bound to make any viewer uncomfortable. The saving grace however came within the form of AR Rahman who scored a staggering album for the film, proper from ‘Thottal Poo Malarum’ to ‘Kalayil Thinamum’. Even folks who needed to near their eyes to genuinely forestall looking at this movie kept their ears alert to the soundtrack. SJ Surya kept shuffling among old and young within the movie, but Rahman’s songs stayed clean through the questionable viewing enjoy.
3. Taj Mahal: The 1999 film starred debutantes Manoj and Riya Sen who struggled to hold the meandering plot on their shoulders. And even as the film itself is forgettable, the songs had been a category aside. ‘Thirupaachi Aruvale’, ‘Eechi Elumichi’ and ‘Chotta Chotta’ have become musical numbers that straight away caught humans’ interest and held them transfixed.
4. Azhagiya Tamizh Magan: The movie proved to be a dampener in actor Vijay’s soaring profession in 2007. After Pokkiri, which become a superhit, the actor’s lovers have been thrilled with the idea of Vijay doing twin roles in ATM. Though the film did not meet expectations, its music by way of AR Rahman stood the take a look at of time. From ‘Ellam Pugazhum Iraivanukke’ which even observed an area in Rahman’s Oscar speech to ‘Saturday Night’, the songs stay all-time favorites.
5. Kaatru Veliyidai: Is this list even entire without this 2017 movie? One of the maximum disappointing films of the last decade additionally took place to have some of the first-rate songs. Even as the target market scratched their heads over the abusive love tale unfolding (with Karthi and Aditi Rao Hydari in the lead roles), the songs furnished remedy inside the form of lilting melodies. The most effective time the leads have been tolerable became while Rahman’s song took over the scenes.
6. Kadal: This Mani Ratnam and AR Rahman mixture had humans dashing to the theatres best to discuss leaving halfway. Only Rahman’s tune saved them rooted to their seats, tolerating a screenplay as choppy as the ocean in the 2013 movie. While you sailed via the less than quality plot, the tune stored you afloat. From ‘Nenjukulle’ to ‘Adiye’ the songs introduced a freshness that the handiest Rahman can create on display.