Ringo Starr – Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Real Name, Family, Height, #Ringo #Starr #Bio #Net #Worth #Wife #Age #Real #Family #Height Welcome to 5 0 M I DE BLOG, This is the most recent breaking news and trending broacast that we have for you today: :
Ringo Starr is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and actor who is best known for being the drummer for the Beatles. He occasionally sang lead vocals with the group, usually for one song on each album, including “Yellow Submarine” and “With a Little Help from My Friends”. Moreover, he wrote and sang the Beatles songs “Don’t Pass Me By” and “Octopus’s Garden”, and is credited as a co-writer of others. Before breaking out as a drummer, he used to work for the British Rail and even served as a machinist at an equipment manufacturer in his hometown of Liverpool. In 1957, he co-founded his first band, the Eddie Clayton Skiffle Group, which earned several prestigious local bookings before the fad succumbed to American rock and roll around early 1958. When the Beatles formed in 1960, Starr was a member of another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. He joined the Beatles in August 1962, replacing Pete Best. In addition to the Beatles’ films, Starr has acted in numerous others. After the band’s break-up in 1970, he released several successful singles including the US top-ten hit “It Don’t Come Easy”, and number ones “Photograph” and “You’re Sixteen”. He has featured in numerous documentaries, hosted television shows, narrated the first two series of the children’s television program Thomas & Friends, and portrayed “Mr. Conductor” during the first season of the PBS children’s television series Shining Time Station. He has toured with thirteen variations of Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band. He was inducted into the ‘Modern Drummer Hall of Fame’ in 1998 and was appointed a ‘Knight Bachelor’ in 2018 for his contribution to music.
What is Ringo Starr Famous For?
- Being a musician, singer, songwriter, and actor.
- Being the drummer for the Beatles.
What is Ringo Starr Real Name?
Ringo Starr was born at 9 Madryn Street in Dingle, an inner-city area of Liverpool, England on July 7, 1940, with the real name of Sir Richard Starkey. His nationality is British and his ethnicity is Mixed as he is of English, Scottish, and Irish descent. His present age is 81 as of 2021. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and he has a belief in Christianity religion. His father’s name is Richard Starkey (1913–1981) and his mother’s name is Elsie Gleave (1914–1987). His dad and mom, both are confectioners. Following his parents’ divorce, his mother took up a number of jobs to make ends meet. However, tragedy struck when young Starkey, aged 6, developed appendicitis and fell into a coma for three days. He recovered completely only after a year. Upon his discharge in May 1948, his mother allowed him to stay at home, causing him to miss school. He attended St. Silas, a Church of England primary school, and then Dingle Vale Secondary Modern School. However, due to a string of illnesses and hospitalizations, he fell behind his peers and became ineligible for the 11-plus qualifying examination that was a prerequisite for attendance at a grammar school. After his recovery, he decided against continuing formal education and directly entered the workforce.
Ringo Starr Career Timeline
- After becoming friends with Roy Trafford, the pair were joined by Starkey’s neighbor and co-worker, the guitarist Eddie Miles, forming the Eddie Miles Band later renamed Eddie Clayton and the Clayton Squares after a Liverpool landmark. The band then started performing popular skiffle songs such as “Rock Island Line” and “Walking Cane”, with Starkey raking a thimble across a washboard, creating primitive, driving rhythms.
- He adopted the stage name ‘Ringo Starr,’ and his drum solos were allocated as ‘Starr Time.’
- In November 1959, he joined Al Caldwell’s Skiffle group ‘Texans’ before joining the band ‘Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.’
- In 1960, he met the Liverpool band ‘The Beatles and joined them two years later, replacing Pete Best.
- Starr quit Rory Storm and the Hurricanes in January 1962 and briefly joined Sheridan in Hamburg before returning to the Hurricanes for a third season at Butlins.
- He first performed as a member of the Beatles on 18 August 1962, at a horticultural society dance at Port Sunlight.
- They recorded their first single ‘Love Me Do/P.S. I Love You’ and followed it up with ‘Please Please Me’.
- By February 1964 the Beatles had become an international success when they performed in New York City on The Ed Sullivan Show to a record 73 million viewers.
- The Beatles made their film debut in A Hard Day’s Night and the Beatles’ second feature film was Help! (1965).
- In August 1966, the Beatles released Revolver, their seventh UK LP. It included the song “Yellow Submarine”, their only British number-one single with Starr as the lead singer.
- He sang the Buck Owens hit “Act Naturally”, and performed a duet with Cilla Black, “Do You Like Me Just a Little Bit?” on her BBC One television program, Cilla.
- In 1970, the ‘Beatles’ split after Paul McCartney’s announcement that he was leaving the group.
- His association with one of the greatest groups in musical history also ended with the group’s disbandment.
- He then began his solo career in 1970, and released his solo album ‘Sentimental Journey’ followed by ‘Beaucoups of Blues’.
- He also played drums on Lennon’s John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970), Ono’s Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band (1970), and on Harrison’s albums, All Things Must Pass (1970), Living in the Material World (1973) and Dark Horse (1974).
- Starr made his directorial debut with the 1972 T. Rex documentary Born to Boogie.
- In 1973 and 1974, Starr had two number one hits in the US: “Photograph” and “You’re Sixteen”.
- His debut rock album was “Ringo” which was produced by Richard Perry.
- “Goodnight Vienna” is the fourth studio album by Ringo Starr.
- He appeared in films like ‘200 Motels,’ ‘That’ll Be the Day,’ and ‘Son of Dracula.’ In 1975, he founded his own record label company, ‘Ring O’ Records.’
- For the next three years after its formation, the company signed on a number of artists, including Rab Noakes, Graham Bonnet, and David Hentschel.
- In 1981, he starred in the comedy film ‘Caveman,’ alongside Barbara Bach.
- He released his eighth solo studio album ‘Stop and Smell the Roses.’
- He also narrated the 1984–86 series of the children’s series Thomas & Friends.
- He portrayed the character Mr. Conductor in the American Thomas & Friends spin-off, Shining Time Station in 1989.
- On 23 July 1989, Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band gave their first performance to an audience of ten thousand in Dallas, Texas.
- In 1990, the group released their first official live album ‘Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band’ which was a compilation of all their live performances.
- He made a cameo appearance on The Simpsons episode “Brush with Greatness” in 1991.
- In 1992, he released his studio album ‘Time Takes Time’ which featured guest performances by a number of artists. In 1994, he began working on the ‘Beatles Anthology’ project along with other members of the ‘Beatles.’ Released in December 1995, “Free as a Bird” was the first new Beatles single since 1970.
- In 1996, they released a second single, “Real Love”.
- He was inducted into the Percussive Arts Society Hall of Fame in 2002.
- “Ringo Rama” is the 13th studio album by Ringo Starr, released in 2003.
- In 2003, he formed ‘Pumkinhead Records’ with his ‘All-Starr’ band member, Mark Hudson.
- In 2006, he was featured on Jerry Lee Lewis’ duet album ‘Last Man Standing’ where he performed a cover of ‘Sweet Little Sixteen.’
- In the year 2008, he released another solo album titled ‘Liverpool 8.’
- He released another studio album titled ‘Y Not’ in 2010.
- In 2012, he released the album ‘Ringo 2012.’
- He joined McCartney for a performance at the 56th ‘Annual Grammy Awards’ in Los Angeles, where they performed the song ‘Queenie Eye’ in January 2014.
- His 18th studio album ‘Postcards from Paradise’ was released on 31 March On 7th July 2017, he released his 19th studio album ‘Give More Love.’
- On 13th September 2019, he announced the upcoming release of his 20th album, What’s My Name, to be released by UMe on 25 October 2019.
- On 16 December 2020, Starr released the song “Here’s to the Nights”.
- On 24 September that year, he released the EP Change the World.
- On 7 February 2022, Starr announced his intention to return to touring for the first time since 2019. The tour will run from 27 May to 20 October.
Ringo Starr Awards and Achievements
- Starr and the other members of the Beatles were appointed Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 1965 Birthday Honours and received their insignia from Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture at Buckingham Palace on 26 October.
- He and the other Beatles were collectively nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Newcomer for their performances in the 1964 film A Hard Day’s Night.
- The Beatles received an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for the film Let It Be in 1971.
- Was nominated for a 1989 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series for his role as Mr. Conductor in the television series Shining Time Station.
- During the 50th Grammy Awards, Starr, George Martin, and his son Giles accepted the Best Compilation Soundtrack award for Love.
- He accepted a Diamond Award on behalf of the Beatles during the 2008 World Music Awards ceremony in Monaco on 9th November 2008.
- Was honored with the 2,401st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce on 8th February 2010.
- Was appointed a Knight Bachelor in the 2018 New Year Honours for services to music
- Was knighted in an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace by Prince William, Duke of Cambridge on 20 March 2018
- In 2022, Starr received an honorary Doctor of Music degree from the Berklee College of Music for his “immeasurable impact on music, film, and television, and popular culture”.
How much is Ringo Starr Net Worth?
Ringo Starr is a musician, singer, and actor who has made a cool amount of money throughout his professional career. As of 2022, the net worth of Ringo Starr is believed to have $290 Million. His monthly salary is $3 Million as per sources and his annual income is more than $20 Million. He has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, Oldsmobile Sun Country Wine Cooler (1986), Charles Schwab Investing (2000), “Rock Out in Comfort” for Relax Fit Shoes from Skechers. His source of wealth comes from the music industry. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings at present. In 2020, he was cited as the wealthiest drummer in the world, with a net worth of $350 million.
Who is Ringo Starr Wife?
Ringo Starr is a married man and he has been married twice till now. Firstly, he married Maureen Cox in 1965. The couple had three children together; Zak, Jason, and Lee. The couple divorced exactly a decade later in 1975. Sadly, Maureen died on December 30, 1994. Ringo has 8 grandchildren – 1 from Zak, 4 from Jason, and 3 from Lee. After meeting actress Barbara Bach on the sets of the movie, ‘Caveman’ in 1980, he fell in love with her. They exchanged vows on April 27, 1981. Today, they are enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Ringo Starr?
Ringo Starr is a handsome singer standing at the height of 5 feet 6 inches. His bodyweight measures 68 Kg. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is blue. His body type is slim. He has a rugged beard with short-cropped hair. He always appears in a sunglass. He wears a stud on his left ear with a ‘Star’ marked on it. His shoe size is 7 UK.