Palliatives Must Reach The Youths- Ogun youths Demands From State Government
The Youths of Ogun State under the umbrella of the National Youth Council of Nigeria NYCN, have issued a statement to the Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun to extend palliatives to the youths or they would be forced to violate the lockdown directive.
Noteworthy is the fact that tensions have been rising all over the country. This is not unrelated to the Federal Government of Nigeria extending the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown by two weeks (14 Days). The lockdown extension is actually quite necessary if we are looking to curtail further spread of the viral pandemic Coronavirus. The stay-at-home order might have pushed citizens to the extreme and they just might be reacting unexpectedly.
See what the NYCN Ogun Chapter wrote to their state Governor about receiving palliatives below;
“April 14, 2020.
Prince (Dr.) Dapo Abiodun, MFR
Governor of Ogun State
COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: EXTEND RELIEF SUPPORT TO THE YOUTHS OR END LOCKDOWN NOW!
1. We bring you greetings from the leadership of youth of Ogun State.
2. We empathize with you on the burden of governance, particularly at this trying times and the continued dedication to the fight against the Coronavirus pandemic.
3. While identifying with the efforts of your government, it is noteworthy to express the disappointments of millions of our youths on the continued negligence to our welfare despite being the largest group of constituents.
4. You will recall that of all different structures of our society, It is only the youth constituency, sequel to the directive of the leadership of NYCN Ogun State, that embarked on massive sensitization of citizens of Ogun State in different communities across the twenty (20) local governments. Additionally, it is this same set that redistribute themselves into different smaller units to continue intra community sensitization during the lockdown. it is regrettable that the welfare of these same youths who put their safety on the line will still not find respite in your batches of relief support.
5. Your Excellency, it seems necessary to remind you that majority of these same youths left without support are the small Business Owners, Okada riders, Butchers, Artisans, Traders, etc who depend on daily earnings for their means of survival, and that of their families. Our young people are no longer finding it comfortable to keep confidence and hope in a future assured somewhere.
6. It is therefore unnecessary to state that hunger is a respecter of no man. And it is only after a good meal that one can find the heart to forgive anyone, including one’s kinsman.
7. May you be informed that since your assumption of office, the fruits of your several efforts towards ensuring the welfare of youth in Ogun State does not commensurate with the resilient support that you received from the largest constituency since your assumption of office with the #BuildingOurFutureAgenda.
8. Needless to mention that the worrisome rate of criminal upsurge, as recently witnessed in our communities, has relation to the state of hopelessness that our people have been subjected to. We do not find it progressive of any government to continue deny more vulnerable youths access to relief items.
9. In our acts of magnanimity and empathy in accommodating your government so far, aside our efforts in sensitizing communities across the state, our leadership have also initiated a charity fund, among ourselves, to support thousands of vulnerable youths. These are part of what we have been doing to subdue agitations among the youths since the commencement of this lockdown.
10. Although, we probably may be touching more lives compared to those enjoying the largesse of your government. It is however disheartening that the total number of our beneficiaries still remains ridiculous compared to the population of the entire youths in dire need.
11. In view of the above observations, and the recent declaration of additional two (2) weeks of lockdown, we are compelled to call on your government, as a matter of urgency, to engage the leadership of the youths for immediate provision of relief items and other needful within the next seventy-two (72) hours.
12. Upon the expiration of this seventy-two (72) hours deadline, the youth leadership may withdraw further support to your government and mobilize all available resources to end the continued imprisonment and negligence of the welfare of our industrious youths whose daily means of livelihood remains grounded with no support worthy of giving temporary relief.
13. Furthermore, a Press Conference shall be organized to charge our youths to begin go about their daily businesses without any fear of intimidation. No government should prevent her people’s means of livelihood, and still deny them of movements; such position is not only suicidal but also criminal for any right thinking leadership.
14. Your Excellency, it is paramount you note that those who have nothing left to loose have nothing to fear, and are bound to remain dangerous to the safety of both the rich and the poor. We, as responsible youth leaders, cannot continue fold our arms while the state graduates into a state of complete lawlessness owing to poor welfarism and continued use of state powers to intimidate and enforce lockdown orders.
15. We wish you divine guidance for more fruitful efforts in your decision making.
16. Yours in youth development;
Com. Akolawole Shoremi
State Secretary, NYCN
_for:_ National Youth Council of Nigeria
Ogun State Chapter.”
What do you make of these demands to receive palliatives? Ridiculous? And do you think it’s constitutional for any group to place their government on an ultimatum?
Kindly leave your comments below!
Shehu Sani Reacts As Bandits Attack Police Station, Neutralise Policeman In Kaduna State
“The King Is Back” As Tonto Dike Announces Her
Tokyo 2020: 21-Year-Old Chinese Claims First Gold Medal
Basic Lessons Every Nigerian Lady Should Learn From Chioma And Davido After A Break UP
NBA Finals: Giannis Antetokounmpo leads Milwaukee Bucks To Their First NBA Championship In 50 Years
Sunday Igboho’s European Destination Revealed As Security Agents Arrests Him In Cotonou
Reactions As Nigerian Politician Gives 100 Rams, ₦10 Million To Muslims In Ibadan
Video: Omokri and Senator Ndume Clash Over Buhari’s Treatment Of Igbos During Live Interview
I Quit Motorsport to Become a Pornstar for this reasons – Renee Gracie
Politics : 2023 elections in the eye of Covid-19
With Just 5k Start Dried Ponmo Business and Make Up To 150k Monthly
FG Recruitment: Link To apply for The 774,000 Employment
Entertainment : Will Terry G Stage A Comeback Just Like Obesere?
Alligator Pepper, its Health and Spiritual Benefits
Football: Bayern Munich gives epic reply to ESPN following complaints about their muscular players
ASUU Strike: List Of Universities That Accepted FG’s Offer
Myon Burrell walks out of prison 18 years after he was jailed for a crime he did not commit
Operation Crocodile Smile: Watch Moment Soldiers Shot Citizen in Auchi Edo State
Nigerians Hold A Candle Night Service For Victims Killed By SARs (Videos+Pictures)
Ant Man Star, Paul Rudd Makes Wearing Mask Fun in A Video
CRACK Now Showing On YouTube, Don’t Miss It! (Video)
YouTuber Jenna Marbles Quits Channel, Explains Why
Amazing Things You Need To About Pokémon Unite
I heard My Son Calling My Name – Vickey Scott
News2 months ago
T.B. Joshua: The Terrible Experiences That T.B. Joshua Faces And Why He Had Many Tribulations
News2 weeks ago
“Mike Adenuga Leave Me Alone”- Ex-Mistress, Nora Olumide Johnson Cry Out Over Forceful Ejection
News2 months ago
Photo: Face of the ACP that shot Sowore in Abuja
Entertainment2 months ago
Opinion: Lizzy Anjorin Vs Toyin Abraham: Why Fighting Does Not Befit Celebrities