List of Possible Replacements For Abba Kyari
Brief history of the office of Chief of Staff
The office of the Chief of Staff to the President as we all know, has been left vacant by the death of Abba Kyari. Though when President Olusegun Obasanjo created the office for the first time in 1999, the office was not in the constitution. But today, after 21 years, the office is one of the most envied, perhaps the most eyed in the land.
The office plays two roles, Bureaucratic as well as Political. It is the abuse of the political role that has brought the attraction. People generally believe the Chief of staff wields as much power as the president. You can only imagine why everyone will be lining up for the position as we speak.
Why The Urgency?
The replacement may need to be fast-tracked. This is so as to avoid leaving any vacuum in government especially with the enormity of the workload that the office of the Chief of Staff handles.
List of Possible Replacements For The Job
1. Alh. Babagana Kingibe, a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
2. Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, a former Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
3. Mallam Isa Yuguda, a former governor of Bauchi State.
4. Brigadier General Mohammed Buba Marwa, a former military governor of Lagos State.
5. Abiola Ajimobi, a former governor of Oyo State.
All first four names mentioned above are from the North East, the same region where the deceased Chief of Staff (Abba Kyari) hails from.
We patiently wait to see as the events unfold!
You may also read: Ogun Youths Warn Governor Dapo Abiodun