As we all know the menace the special anti robbery squad popularly known as Sars are causing and how they are killing and extorting Nigerians.
Despite the Nigerian police force announcing on their twitter page that they have banned Sars from engaging in any stop and search, routine patrols and other irrelevant activities still they have not stopped. rather, they became more dreadful.
There is no better way to avoid Sars than sticking to the observations below.
1. For your own good, whenever law enforcement agents ( whether in uniform or not) stop a vehicle you boarded, stay calm, avoid hissing and grumbling. Whether you are a man or a woman, respect them.
2. Please take the receipts of your electronic equipment, laptop or other bulk gadgets (original or photocopy), anywhere you go if you must carry them.
3. If you don’t have means of identification from your school or workplace, get at least a national ID card or driver’s licence. It is crucial.
4. Delete all your bank alerts, and transfer sensitive information into a flash drive or memory card. Keep your financial transactions away from your phone.
5. Carrying more than one ATM card may bring serious problem for you in our present-day Nigeria : be warned !!!
6. If you must move at night no matter how close to your house, take your ID card and let someone go with you.
7. Dress responsibly – it will save you. Looking rugged and wild may earn you serious trouble.
8. If you are given a vehicle to go for an errand, make sure all documents are complete and up- to- date. Also, your driver’s licence must be complete before you hit the road.
9. When your car is being searched, don’t just look away in anger ; they are doing their job. Just pay close attention to what’s going on, to avoid “had I known”.
10. If you are not sure of what someone is carrying in a bag, pack, or sack, please ask politely before accepting to give the person a ride. You may be arrested for what you know nothing about by Sars.
11. After any stranger you decide to give a lift comes down, move forward a little, park and search your vehicle very well before you continue so as to avoid harbouring any incriminating objects left behind to avoid being nabbed by Sars.
12. It is mandatorily necessary that you dont keep this message to yourself alone!!
If you stick to these correctly and Sars still insist you bribe them, call your lawyer.