Getty Image is one of the largest stock of image databases on the Internet serving more than 2 million customers across more than 200 countries over the world.
Getty Image has become a household name in image sourcing, as hundreds of contributors are giving license to have their content seen across the world.
The Getty Image platform house a community of talented and professional photographers, filmmakers, and illustrators who help customers tell inspiring stories through their creative ingenuity.
How to Become a Getty Image contributor and have your work seen around the world. Becoming a Getty image contributor also gives you the opportunity to earn from your licensed works through royalty.
To become a Getty Image contributor there are various steps you must fulfill and also agree to Getty Image policies. And as a content creator, you must have the Getty Image App, because application to become a Getty image contributor can only be down via the App.
STEPS TO BECOME A GETTY IMAGE CONTRIBUTOR
Download the Getty Image App from the various App stores. Google Play for Android and App Store on IOS
Create an account and update the type of content you specialize in.
Upload between 3 to 6 sample Images, Illustrations, or videos (via Youtube links). Your samples would be review and Getty Image would let you know if you are accepted as a contributor.
Once your application has been accepted through our Getty Image app, You will be sent an invitation to join Getty Images or iStock as a contributor.
Getty Image Policies.
There are several Getty Image policies that contributors are required to meet.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Your contents are review by Getty Image editors to ensure your, Images, illustrations, or videos meet the requirements before making them available online for customers to see and license.
3. Make sure the content you submit doesn’t contain copyrighted or trademarked materials. Getty Images will not accept content that’s a violation of the exclusive rights of a creator.
This also includes less obvious elements present in a file – branded clothes, logos on drinks and food, technology brands, etc. When shooting, make sure they’re not visible or, retouch your content to remove logos.
4. For contents that include recognizable people or properties. Getty Image requires you to have written permission from the individual or property owner allowing the use of the person’s likeness or property for commercial purposes.
5. You must sign a non-restriction agreement with Getty Image, that allows customers to use your content in advertising, marketing, apps, websites, social media, TV and film, presentations, newspapers, magazines, books, and product packaging, among hundreds of other uses.