Damien Harris is a versatile American football running back for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He is well recognized for playing college football at Alabama and being selected by the Patriots in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft. He previously played four years of college football at the University of Alabama, rushing for 3,070 yards and 23 touchdowns. He played sparingly during his rookie year but went on to become one of the team’s top running backs in his second year in 2020. He was a Second-Team All-SEC selection in 2018. In September of 2020, Damien was placed on an injured reserve due to a broken finger. He returned to the field after missing about a month. Additionally, he was the team’s primary starter for the 2021 season,
- Being an American football running back for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL).
- For playing college football at Alabama and being selected by the Patriots in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
What Ethnicity is Damien Harris?
Damien Harris was born on 11th February 1997 in Richmond, Kentucky, United States. He is of American nationality and he belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Harris’s present age is 24 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. The name of his mother is Lynn Harris while the details about his father have not been disclosed yet. He has two younger sisters whose names have not been shared.
Talking about Damien’s education, he attended Madison Southern High School in Berea, Kentucky. During his high school football career, he rushed for 6,748 yards with 122 touchdowns. He later committed to the University of Alabama to play college football under head coach Nick Saban. He graduated in December 2018.
What does Damien Harris do for a living?
- Damien Harris kicks off his career being a backup to Derrick Henry as a true freshman at Alabama in 2015. as he played in 12 games and rushed for 157 yards on 46 carries.
- He became Alabama’s starting running back in 2016, beating out Bo Scarbrough and he rushed for 138 yards on nine carries in his first career start against USC in the season opener.
- In the third game, against Ole Miss, he carried 16 times for 144 yards, including a 67-yard run in which he out-muscled two defenders whereas he had 122 yards rushing, 60 yards receiving, and a touchdown reception against Arkansas on 8th October.
- He had his fourth 100-yard game of the season against Texas A&M, rushing for 125 yards on 18 carries.
- Damien was selected by the New England Patriots in the third round with the 87th overall pick of the 2019 NFL Draft and made his professional debut in the team’s Week 7 33-0 victory over the New York Jets, rushing for 12 yards on four carries. It would be his only carry for the season.
- He was placed on injured reserve with a broken finger on 7th September 2020 and he was activated on 5th October 2020.
- He had 17 carries for 100 rushing yards in the 26-10 loss in Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs and in Week 10, he rushed the ball 22 times for 121 yards, both career highs, helping lead the Patriots to a 23-17 upset victory over the Baltimore Ravens on “Sunday Night Football”.
- On 2nd January 2021, he was placed back on injured reserve whereas he finished the season as the Patriots leading rusher with 691 yards and two touchdowns through 10 games.
- Damien was the team’s primary starter for the 2021 season as he started the first nine games of the season, though a concussion sustained in Week 9 kept him out of the Week 10 game against the Cleveland Browns.
- He returned as the starter for Week 11 and had 100+ yard performances in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins, Week 6 against the Dallas Cowboys, and Week 7 against the New York Jets.
- Harris was mostly ineffectual, however, during the Week 3 and 4 losses against the New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers respectively, being held to only 2 total yards rushing combined between the two games.
- He started to split carries with backup Rhamondre Stevenson starting in week 8.
Awards and Achievements
- Second-Team All-SEC (2018)
- 2× CFP national champion (2015, 2017)
- USA Today All-American (2014)
Who is Damien Harris Dating?
Damien Harris is an unmarried man. He is currently in a relationship with Kayla McCarthy as they met in 2017. Kayla is presently working for a firm as a marketing Intern and is quite popular on social media as well. The pair both post cute and cozy pictures of each other on their social media handle. Concerning Damien’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Damien Harris?
Damien Harris has a net worth of $3.6 million as of 2022 whereas his average salary has been estimated at around $907,784 per year. In addition, his major source of income is his football career. Harris has not done endorsement work for any brands yet.
How tall is Damien Harris?
Damien Harris is 5 feet and 11 inches tall and his body weighs around 97 kg. He has black hair and eyes color. Moreover, Damien’s body build type is athletic, and his body measurements are 44-32-38 inches.