Arsenal Vs Burnley Preview: Probable Lineups, Tactics, Team News and Key Stats.
As we await Arsenal Vs Burnley today in the premier league. Arsenal have been going all guns blazing in the UEFA Europa League, Mikel Arteta’s side have continue to struggle to replicate that same form in the premier league and find themselves on 15th place in the Premier League table, and are closer to the relegation zone than they are to the top four.
Arsenal Vs Burnley preview
Analysing the fixture between Arsenal Vs Burnley. The final fixture of Matchday 12 of the 2020/21 Premier League will come our way from the Emirates Stadium on Sunday night as a struggling Arsenal side face off against relegation-threatened Burnley.
While Arsenal will be aiming to get back to winning ways in the Premier League when they lock horns with relegation-battling Burnley this weekend in a Arsenal Vs Burnley match.
Arteta, who finds himself under pressure, will now be hoping that his players are able to carry the momentum with Dundalk forward to Sunday in Arsenal Vs Burnley match.
Burley, meanwhile, are dawdling in the 18th place in the standings, having picked up just six points from their ten games so far. Five of those points have come in their last four games though, with Sean Dyche’s men looking to turn their runs, following their 1-1 draw against Everton at Turf Moor last weekend. What would be the fate of Burnley in the Arsenal Vs Burnley match today.
Arsenal will once again be without the services of club-record signing Nicolas Pepe, who is suspended.
In addition, Thomas Partey is injured for the derby last weekend, is ruled out after coming off the pitch at half-time against Tottenham.
Meanwhile, David Luiz and Gabriel Martinelli are back in training but may not be risked in today’s match of Arsenal Vs Burnley.
Probable Lineup for Arsenal is 4-2-3-1:
Defenders: Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney;
Midfielders: Ceballos, Xhaka;
Forwards: Saka, Lacazette, Aubameyang; Nketiah.
Arsenal Vs Burnley
Burnley are still without midfielder Jack Cork while summer signing Dale Stephens is closing in a return to action, but Sunday’s game might come too soon. The same goes for both Phil Bardsley and Johann Berg Gudmundsson as well. Robbie Brady, though, is fit to feature after he picked up a knock in the draw against Everton last week.
There are unlikely to be many changes made by manager Dyche given the relatively small squad at his disposal. Nick Pope is a certainty in goal for the visitors, with the back four of Matthew Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee and Charlie Taylor shielding him.
The midfield of four should comprise of Brady, who scored against Everton last time out and Dwight McNeil on the flanks, who will act as the main source of creativity for the Clarets. Ashley Westwood and Josh Brownhill will hold the fort down in the middle of the park and look to stifle Arsenal’s build-up play. Can Burnley survive the relegation zone in today’s Arsenal Vs Burnley match?
Chris Wood and Jay Rodriguez ought to form the two-pronged strikeforce for Burnley, although, Ashley Barnes is an option at Dyche’s disposal.
Burnley probable Lineup is 4-4-2 in today’s Arsenal Vs Burnley match.
Defenders: Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor
Midfielders: Brady, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil
Forward: Rodriguez, Wood.
Key Stats of Arsenal vs Burnley
- Arsenal have won each of their last nine home meetings with Burnley in all competitions. Only against Stoke City (16) and Barnsley (10) are they on a longer current winning run at home.
- Burnley have lost all six of their away Premier League games against Arsenal – their worst 100% losing record away at a single side in the competition.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 15 league meetings with Burnley (W11 D4) since a 0-1 home defeat in September 1974. In the Premier League, only against Porstmouth (14) have the Gunners played more games without ever losing than they have versus Burnley (12).
- Burnley have netted just five goals in 10 Premier League games this season – the second time they have scored five or fewer after 10 matches in a campaign in the competition (also 5 in 2014/15).
- Arsenal have lost each of their last three Premier League home games. They last lost four consecutive matches on their own backyard in the league way back in December 1959.
With this fact, there is a very big chance that Arsenal would win Burnley in today’s fixtures. This might be a heartbreaking news for the Burnley fans in the Arsenal Vs Burnley match.