Connect with us

Politics

APC Chair: New Opinion Poll Puts Saliu Mustapha Ahead Of Ex-Govs Others 

Published

on

APC Chair: New Opinion Poll Puts Saliu Mustapha Ahead Of Ex-Govs Others

Ahead of next month’s crucial APC national congress which would see to the emergence of the party’s national chairman an opinion poll powered by Independent Electoral Monitoring Group, IEMG ranks Mallam Saliu Mustapha as most likely to emerge as the next national chairman of the ruling party.

- BIS08350 Edit 1 245x300 - APC Chair: New Opinion Poll Puts Saliu Mustapha Ahead Of Ex-Govs Others 

In the opinion poll conducted through Whatsapp messages, SMS, telephone calls and online poll maker, 2500 APC members responded with 65% throwing their support for Mallam Saliu’s candidacy ahead of other contestants.
The questionnaire that extracted the response was direct to the point, ” Who do you think would emerge as the next APC National Chairman?’

A.Tanko Al-Makura

Advertisement

B.Abdullahi Adamu

C.George Akume

D. Saliu Mustapha

E. Abdulaziz Yari

F.Ali Modu Sheriff

Advertisement

G.Mohammed Sani Musa

H. Danjuma Goje.

Speaking on behalf of the IEMG the head of information for the group, Barr Babatunde Sobowale said Saliu Mustapha scored 65% ahead of other frontline aspirants who shared the remaining  35% among themselves.

However, Sobowale did not give a breakdown of the percentage. The majority of the aspirants are former governors.

Saliu Mustapha scoring higher with a total of 65% means that the Turaki of Ilorin is at home and comfortable with the majority of the party stakeholders.

Advertisement

Today’s poll is also the first independent poll conducted for a party national chairmanship position.

Speaking on the results of the polls conducted  an APC stakeholder from Zamfara state, Abdul Kure had this to say,

READ ALSO:  Politics: We'll Participate in the forthcoming LG Election in Ogun - Ogun PDP Chair

“This polling reflects the fact that more and more people are joining and supporting the ideologies of Saliu Mustapha that is set to rebrand our party for better efficiency and productivity, he seems to be the only aspirant putting forward a proper plan for the development of our party and the country at large.

The poll comes as the All Progressive Congress is set to conduct its national congress that would see a change in the party executives from the ward to the national level.

In October APC members would be voting on a string of issues that would determine who emerges as their party’s national chairman,  the criterion to be considered are integrity, experience, commitment, dedication, party loyalty, temperament and the ability to carry all members along

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Comment

Advertisement

Trending

error: Content is protected !!