- Alligator Pepper is rich in high fibre.
- It ensures fast regeneration of tissues and wound healing.
- It’s botanical name Aframomum Melegueta has a high amount of tannin that treats burns, heals wounds, and eases the pain of inflamed mucous membranes, therefore, reducing inflammation.
- The plant can also be used in treating gastrointestinal disorders such as ulcers, diarrhoea, stomach pains, and intestinal worms.
- Study indicates that alligator pepper is a stimulant and diuretic, if the crushed seeds is mixed with crushed bitter kola and water extract of bitter leaf, all mixed with proper amount of water is used to treat diabetes.
Whole fruit eaten along with two moderatelysized ginger cures beri beri. One whole pepper added to three seeds of ripe papaw, dried locus bean all ground to make soup is a remedy for female infertility.
Also read : Health Benefits of oranges
Other Benefits includes:
Other benefits of this spice also include:
In Senegal, seeds of Aframomium melegueta are mixed with salt and rubbed to the interior of the mouth as a treatment for sleeping sickness.
The extract from the alligator pepper plant is analgesic in nature and is, therefore, used to relieve pains in the joints, teeth, stomach, rheumatoid pain and arthritis.
The leaves from its plant can also be used in treating and preventing malaria. As such, it is a better alternative for quinine.
The juice from the fresh leaves staunches bleeding.
It is also used to cure the following:
Blend it with Honey and warm water
Grind it with Orange / lemon
Body aches –
Mix the pepper and Adin (ointment )
Chew the pepper very early in the morning.
Malaria treatment –
Boil Alligator pepper with pawpaw leave and get bitter leave juice , add all
Weight loss –
Same as indigestion
Energy booster –
Boil Alligator pepper and unripe plantain, eat and feel
Sperm booster –
Same as Energy booster
Anti cancer –
Chew Alligator pepper at least twice a week
Remove harmful bacteria and allow helpful bacteria to thrive.
Kindly share for public awareness. Twitter