2021 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship is Open; How to Apply
The 2021 Commonwealth Shared scholarship is open. The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is a fully-funded full-time Master’s study on selected courses that are jointly supported by UK universities. The Scholarship is designed for candidates from the least developed and low, middle-income Commonwealth countries.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The scholarships are offered under six Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
The application for the 2021 Commonwealth Shared scholarship is now open and eligible candidates from low and middle-income countries are advised to apply. Follow the criteria to apply.
Deadline: April 9th, 2021.
Eligibility 2021 Commonwealth Shared scholarship
To be eligible for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make a change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to candidates with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
To see Eligible Programmes click HERE