11 Things buhari Said During Budget Presentation Today That Got People Talking on Social Media.
Earlier today, President Muhammad buhari presented the 2021 budget before the National Assembly.
The theme of the 2021 Budget is ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE.
Ten Important Things You Probably Missed From President buhari Budget Presentation Today.
1. President buhari notes that through collective efforts, the country’s economy performed relatively better than other economies.
2. The President highlights that the N75 Billion Youth Investment Fund is provided for in the 2021 Budget.
3. President buhari states that in 2020 the non-oil tax revenue hit N622.8 Billion.
4. President buhari: 1.2 Trillion Naira has been released for capital projects.
President buhari notes that capital expenditure in the 2021 Budget will focus on completing projects.
5. Mr. President notes that major successes have been recorded in rice farming especially through the Anchor Borrowers Programme.
6. PMB: A new Finance Bill is being worked on, it amends the 2020 Finance Bill.
7. President buhari: Multiple Rural Electrification Projects, Mambilla Hydro Power Project, Zungeru Hydro Power Project, among others, are key power projects under the 2021 Budget.
8. President buhari states that N420 Billion has been earmarked for the Social Investment Programmes, while 20 Billion has been earmarked for the Social Housing Programmes.
9. President buhari: The Social Register would be expanded by 1 Million Nigerians.
10. PMB: CBN will be reducing its interest rates from 9% to 5% on its intervention funds.
11. Fund has been provided in the 2021 budget to establish five new Federal Science and Technical Colleges across the country. #FGNBudget2021
However, Nigerians have reacted to the 2021 budget presentation made by President Muhammad buhari today.
See people’s reactions below.
On the establishment of new higher institutions.
“The established ones, should keep dilapidating or what do you think?. Or after it is established then students in the system will face the Dysfunctional educational system in this country, Federal University program of 4years now 8years.”
“A waste of funds. We have hardly utilized the ones we have. We import technology in spite of the Universities of technology we have and the several polytechnics and technical colleges. The money would be better utilized in a pool for tech development.”
“What is technology without steel?
This is good but the steel plant in Ajaokuta has to function. The steel plant in Aladja, delta state has to function.
Without these steel plants functioning, the schools of technology will be of almost no importance. First things first Bashir”
“Budget that he will serve on borrowed money. Before your Paymaster leaves in 2023, our Foreign Debt would be n45tr. He is using the money to construct Railway from Daura to the Niger Republic. Then, Provision 4 Livestock Transformation is given more priority dan Education & Health.”
“Up till now we still haven’t seen the results of last year budget”
“Like it’s going to change anything, the worst administration in Nigeria history mtcheew, our consolation is that power transient. This too shall pass.”
What’s your take on the 2021 Budget?
Drop your comments below.
Like and share.