President Muhammadu buhari hosted members of the House of Representatives and the Senate at the Statehouse on Tuesday, 13th of July, 2021.
The dinner was held at the Statehouse conference centre and was attended by principal officers at the National Assembly, including the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, and others.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Chief of Staff to the President, Ibrahim Gambari, and other members of the presidency were also in attendance.
President Muhammadu buhari delivered a powerful speech during the event. These are ten important things in the speech delivered by the president.
1. The president said he is ready to end insecurity across the country and bring perpetrators of criminal activities to book.
2. buhari admitted that insecurity such as insurgency, banditry, kidnapping and others are the most difficult challenges facing the country at this period.
3. He added that insecurity has hindered his administration’s ability to provide infrastructure and social amenities that will attract investment, drive innovations and create employment opportunities.
4. The president said those perpetrating insecurity are doing it for their profits and their actions are threats to the country.
5. He said the country can defeat them only if we work together as one.
6. buhari hailed the National Assembly for discharging its responsibilities with full competence. He described the 9th National Assembly members as “full partners in national development”.
7. He particularly commended the People’s Democratic Party legislatures in the Assembly for their support for his administration.
8. buhari said the obligation of check and balance is not an invitation to conflict. The Executive and the Legislative arms should use compromise, engagement and consultation to resolve issues rather than quarrelsome disagreement.
9. He also thanked the leaders of the National Assembly, particularly the Senate President and the Speaker for their support.
10. buhari concluded that he looked forward to continued collaboration between the two arms of government.
Shehu Sani Reacts As Bandits Attack Police Station, Neutralise Policeman In Kaduna State
“The King Is Back” As Tonto Dike Announces Her
Tokyo 2020: 21-Year-Old Chinese Claims First Gold Medal
Basic Lessons Every Nigerian Lady Should Learn From Chioma And Davido After A Break UP
NBA Finals: Giannis Antetokounmpo leads Milwaukee Bucks To Their First NBA Championship In 50 Years
Sunday Igboho’s European Destination Revealed As Security Agents Arrests Him In Cotonou
Reactions As Nigerian Politician Gives 100 Rams, ₦10 Million To Muslims In Ibadan
Video: Omokri and Senator Ndume Clash Over Buhari’s Treatment Of Igbos During Live Interview
I Quit Motorsport to Become a Pornstar for this reasons – Renee Gracie
Politics : 2023 elections in the eye of Covid-19
With Just 5k Start Dried Ponmo Business and Make Up To 150k Monthly
FG Recruitment: Link To apply for The 774,000 Employment
Entertainment : Will Terry G Stage A Comeback Just Like Obesere?
Alligator Pepper, its Health and Spiritual Benefits
Football: Bayern Munich gives epic reply to ESPN following complaints about their muscular players
ASUU Strike: List Of Universities That Accepted FG’s Offer
Myon Burrell walks out of prison 18 years after he was jailed for a crime he did not commit
Operation Crocodile Smile: Watch Moment Soldiers Shot Citizen in Auchi Edo State
Nigerians Hold A Candle Night Service For Victims Killed By SARs (Videos+Pictures)
Ant Man Star, Paul Rudd Makes Wearing Mask Fun in A Video
CRACK Now Showing On YouTube, Don’t Miss It! (Video)
YouTuber Jenna Marbles Quits Channel, Explains Why
Amazing Things You Need To About Pokémon Unite
I heard My Son Calling My Name – Vickey Scott
News2 months ago
T.B. Joshua: The Terrible Experiences That T.B. Joshua Faces And Why He Had Many Tribulations
News2 weeks ago
“Mike Adenuga Leave Me Alone”- Ex-Mistress, Nora Olumide Johnson Cry Out Over Forceful Ejection
News2 months ago
Gangan’s Massacre: The Story Of A Yorubaland That Is Under Threats Of Attacks
News2 weeks ago
Insecurity: Anambra Billionaire, Philip Udala, Club Manager, Police Escort Killed In The State